• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What fickle flame (Lagertha, any)

Spring is coming and the only difference I notice in the Jungle is that it rains more frequently, leaving behind a sticky heat that clings to everyone. I think perhaps most horses would wilt under these temperatures but I do not. I feel as if I have come alive. The Jungle is becoming more familiar to me with each passing season. I think it will be ages, though, before I know the trails as well as my mama or her advisors.

I have so many favorite places, not the least of which is the borders. The drastic change from heavy foliage to plains leading off to other kingdoms and herd lands is endlessly fascinating. I imagine a hundred different lives for myself, each of them producing a different version of myself. But it is only pretend, for I cannot imagine myself as anyone other than Lagertha's daughter. I am content in who I am.

As I come to the sparser edge of the jungle I recognize Rhy, although we have not formally met, by the golden color or her coat. My mother likes her very much, and has told me much about her. She intimidates me a little, although I don't know why. If I thought about it would probably make me feel silly. After all, my mother is the more outwardly fearsome looking of the pair. But she's my mama, and I couldn't be afraid of her.

The stallion I do not know, but I am instantly curious. Stallions are a rarity here. Killdare is the only one I know well and he has been so much fun, treating me as if I am a serious grown up person as well as a playmate despite my young age. I will be a yearling in a short month and I am anxious for that day, as if something magical will happen to make me older and wiser.

I trot over, ears perked, imagining myself an adequate amount of back up for Rhy if she needs it. I smile easily and add an exuberant greeting to Rhy's own, before settling to wait.

"Hello! I'm Sette, Lagertha's daughter. Welcome to the Jungle."

ANGUISETTE
    the jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Tiberios - 09-29-2015, 05:14 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Rhy - 09-30-2015, 02:55 PM
    What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Anguisette - 10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Lagertha, any) - by Rhy - 10-07-2015, 10:36 AM