• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What fickle flame (Straia, any)

The call in unnecessary. Ravens sit in the trees everywhere, and they alert her of his arrival. Though she knows some still either call out of courtesy or simply because they don’t know the extent of her connection with the ravens. Either way.  

She is hardly the first to arrive, but she is simply on time, and everyone else is early. She’s caught pieces of the conversation as she weaved her way through the trees to close the distance between herself and her visitor. She has no real interest in the Falls, new king or not. Unless he proved to be actually worth sometime. But she had offered at least some level of friendship to the Falls, and they hadn’t care. And so she moved on.

Straia doesn’t beg. And the Chamber certainly doesn’t need the Falls.

“If you are here for peace, why do you wear your flames like you are scared?” she says, emerging from the shadows nearby. “Tell me Tiberious, when, under my rule, have you ever heard of the Chamber hurting a diplomat?” They were all running scared though, wielding their powers on the border as if the entire might of the Chamber couldn’t bring them down in a heartbeat.

As if she couldn’t simply stop their hearts with a blink of her eye. Which she could. But unlike the raven magic, she has not told anyone of the second gift the Chamber had given her, and nor would she. That one was best kept as a surprise. “And you are assuming I’m even willing to talk to you. Maybe I’m not.” She pauses, just letting that hang there for a moment. She’s tired of playing nice with kingdoms that continually waste her time. “Make it quick, or worth my while.” She says, giving him his window.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Messages In This Thread
    What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-27-2015, 08:52 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Kushiel - 09-28-2015, 02:07 AM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Gryffen - 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-28-2015, 02:01 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Gryffen - 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Straia - 09-30-2015, 01:27 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Tiberios - 09-30-2015, 02:09 PM
    RE: What fickle flame (Straia, any) - by Straia - 10-07-2015, 09:37 AM