• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Miku

He’s glad she’s not tucking tail and heading for safety when he approaches. Zeik has seen how some stallions act - like animals. Normally, he would’ve considered this just how life went, but the idea of controlling another horse's life based on your own instinctual needs is unappealing to him. She had nothing to fear from the blue roan. She seems to understand this though, and she replies to his comment with equal brevity and kindness. Zeik returns her smile, finding her company a welcome distraction from the days usual events.

“Whatever it was, I’m glad it brought me across you.” He says, truthfully. It was hard to find others who could hold his interest for long, and Miku was certainly not like the others. She turns the question back to him, and he’s willing to answer her truthfully. No sense in lying, or trying to make his intentions flowery. Zeik was a practical character. “I’m here to find like-minded companions.” Her shiver draws his eyes, and though it may seem uncouth, Zeik extends his nose to bump her shoulder gently.

“I can offer you protection, a home.” He says, retracting his touch so he could restore her personal space. “Even friendship.” He smiles again, looking out to the empty Field and feeling the cold begin to settle in his bones. “You’re free to turn me away, of course. But if you need somewhere to feel welcome, even if it’s only a stop on your way to something bigger, consider me.” He looks at her then, this strange mare with half a tail and a story to tell.

It was true. If she felt his intentions were too bold, Zeik would step away and let her run her course. It wasn’t his place to force her. But, like the few others he’d come across in his travels, he’d like to see her again, to hear what she had to say. But the Field, and this inclement weather, was not the ideal place or situation for it.

Everything we are and used to be is buried and gone

Messages In This Thread
    Miku - by kasimeggison - 09-25-2015, 10:39 AM
    RE: Miku - by Zeik - 09-25-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: Miku - by kasimeggison - 09-25-2015, 09:38 PM
    RE: Miku - by Zeik - 09-27-2015, 05:29 PM
    RE: Miku - by kasimeggison - 09-27-2015, 11:24 PM
    RE: Miku - by Zeik - 09-28-2015, 03:29 PM