• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

even though it's far from heaven; maybe this could be my haven -any

the darkest nights produce the brightest stars

Fennick was not born to confidence. He was born to awkward coughs and pained expressions. Yet, his confidence had grown. Having a purpose, having a home, having others who counted on him made the large black stallion carry himself with a touch of pride, rather than simple dogged determination.

He wasn’t exactly strutting, but his head was up, his eyes alert, he didn’t look like he would rather be anywhere but here. Granted, he wasn’t much of a conversationalist, and granted, he would never be a diplomat. Never, ever would he be what the kids called, “smooth.” But, he wasn’t a total train wreck and there was something to be said for that.

Personal growth, it’s what we all wanted.

Besides, he was getting the hang of this. He was starting to spot a potential Valley recruit when he saw one. His home, while filled with natural beauty, was not soft. The land was lush, the grass green, the trees sheltering and kind. It was an easy place to live, but it was not for the weak of heart. The horses in the Valley were tough, some more than others. They spoke their minds and didn’t easily suffer fools. That being said, Fennick made a fool of himself time and time again, and still they let him stay.

He needed someone who wouldn’t crumple when faced with a withering tongue and sharp expression, he needed someone who could bark back. Still, he would like to find that person and get them the hell out of here. Man, it was cold out here. Fennick wrapped his enormous black wings around himself and tried not to squeal like a child.

His teeth were clattering when he spotted the girl in the distance. She was smarter than Fennick, she kept moving, rather than standing around like an idiot. He started towards her, wings still wrapped about himself like a cloak. As he struggled through the snow another mare appeared. That gave Fennick only a moment of pause. Two girls were, naturally, twice as intimidating as one.

Fennick didn’t bother shouting to them, they would see him from a mile away. His jet black body stood out in the snow like an oversized raven. He stopped near enough to talk easily, and moved his wings just enough so that they wouldn’t muffle his voice.

“Man, if I knew it was going to be this cold I wouldn’t have gotten out of bed this morning.” He smiled, a little awkwardly despite his insistence of confidence. When the silence had stretched out just a little too long he continued.

“I’m Fennick.” Another smile. Fennick still expected women to look at him and laugh. It was a disconcerting thought, though he tried his best to overcome it, or at least not let it show.

Fennick
    Whale and Rea's amorphous, ever-changing son

Messages In This Thread
    RE: even though it's far from heaven; maybe this could be my haven -any - by Fennick - 09-25-2015, 07:29 PM