• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

even though it's far from heaven; maybe this could be my haven -any
    She has to admit, she’s been avoiding the field. The idea of waltzing around and whining and dining the homeless of Beqanna does not exactly appeal to her. It’s not that she looks down on them or anything. It’s quite the contrary, she understands well what it’s like to be a foreigner in a new land. It’s just the fact that, well, to put it politely, she’s not much of a people person. She’ll talk to some of the people she knows to her heart’s content, but going through the delicate niceties of polite drivers her bonkers.

But, she is a member of the Jungle and her kingdom, as always, needs recruits. Not to mention that, if she wants to rise to the position of General, she needs to up her game, increase her activity and lead by example. And she wants that position, much to her surprise. She wants it more than she’s wanted anything in her odd, and far-ranging life.

And so, here she is, at the edge of the field, staring out across it for the first time in a long time. She eyes the gathered horses with a critical eye, considering which ones might do well in the Jungle. They need powerful, strong and opinionated mares. Wait … that’s herself. Really, they need anyone and everyone who might find a place in their heart for the muggy kingdom.

Her eyes pass over a particularly flirty mare, surrounded by stallions (probably wouldn’t do well in the Jungle, what with the lack of stallions and all), and settle on a paint mare that is, as of yet, unapproached. Lyris snorts and moves into action. Might as well give it a try.

She waddles over to the mare with surprising speed, grumbling under her breath about stupid stallions. She’s never been pregnant before (and really, hadn’t ever intended on getting pregnant), and her belly is expanding at an alarming rate. It’s making her look and feel like a beached whale. But at least another female can’t judge her for that … right?

She stops in front of the mare with a tired huff, and smiles in what she assumes is a pleasant manner. “Hello there, I’m Lyris!” She spots a dark cloud floating over head and tries to dismiss it, but it stubbornly hangs around. Pregnancy is just making her grumpy.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: even though it's far from heaven; maybe this could be my haven -any - by Lyris - 09-25-2015, 07:20 PM