• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Feeling a little strange - any

Zeik is starting to wonder if they were designed by the God’s themselves for each other. He simultaneously wants to know everything there is about her, while not knowing anything at all. Discovering her has been unbelievably remarkable, and Zeik cannot imagine seeing her go now. Her gaze bores into his, and what she searches for he cannot surmise. He hopes she doesn’t find him lacking, or unappealing. He wonders if he’s boring her. When she mentions the wind he rouses his smile again, wanting to shift into his bird form just to master the sensation of flight. But he controls his urge, laughing kindly. “Then I would agree, because I know that feeling firsthand.” He replies, leaning towards her without noticing he’s doing it.

Her mention of the Meadow as her home strikes a chord in him, and suddenly he wonders if this is what infatuation really is. The need to protect, look after and support another despite their differences or downfalls. He doesn’t know where to begin, how to even tell her about his feelings. He’d never had them before now. He wants to tell her that she doesn’t have to be lonely anymore, that he could offer her companionship and affection. But the initial awkwardness of it all stops him from telling her this out loud. Zeik is helpless against her.

“I’ve lived in the Meadow my entire life too.” He comments, watching her eyes open to him again. “But I wasn’t lonely.” His gaze turns out to the crowd around them. None had ever given him reason to join their world. “That is … until I met you, of course.” He says, his voice low and nearing a whisper. He turns back to look at her, and finds that her nose is extended to him again. With a soft smile the roan offers her his own in return, knowing how this must be so bewildering to her. It was still strange to him.

Everything we are and used to be is buried and gone

Messages In This Thread
    Feeling a little strange - any - by Felinae - 09-21-2015, 11:56 AM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Zeik - 09-22-2015, 02:23 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Felinae - 09-23-2015, 02:55 AM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Zeik - 09-23-2015, 02:25 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Felinae - 09-23-2015, 03:50 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Zeik - 09-24-2015, 06:29 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Felinae - 09-25-2015, 01:57 AM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Zeik - 09-25-2015, 03:37 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Felinae - 09-25-2015, 04:18 PM
    RE: Feeling a little strange - any - by Zeik - 09-27-2015, 05:45 PM