• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how could i fear any hurricane, beyza
    YOU'RE WALKING IN THE SHADOWS OF YOUR FEAR AND YOU'RE HEADED
    FOR THE GALLOWS, SIN AROUND YOUR THROAT AND NO ONE'S NEAR

They’ll need you to teach them, she says, and somewhere in the shadowed cavity of his chest his heart goes still. He knows he has other children that are hunters, but he has never had the opportunity to meet them. He cannot say that he blames their mothers; there is nothing about him that indicates he would be a good father. He had tried with Caelum and Racine, though he is not sure if he succeeded, and somehow failing at that felt as though he had failed his own father. Ether had been a good father; he had been the kind of man Torryn had aspired to be, before this curse took hold of him. He is convinced it is only by still having his father’s blood in his veins that he is not entirely captive to the darkness he became, and that even a sliver of a conscience still exists.

He isn’t sure if he can be that same anchor for his sons, though, but he knows he will not forgive himself if he does not at least try.

“Of course,” comes his quiet response to Beyza, wondering if she can sense the turmoil that never seems to cease inside of him. He lowers his gaze to the boys again, noting how Harrowed had his own red eyes, yet Evade’s were a golden yellow, similar to the rest of Torryn’s family. They both made his heartbeat catch, for different reasons. “Perhaps I will stay in the Dale for a while, if that’s alright with you,” he says to the pale Queen. He cannot recall the last time he stayed in one place; the last time he saw Despoina, he supposes. And while right now he had no intention of making this place his home, he also knew it would be easier to teach the twins if he was at least here regularly.
    T O R R Y N

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    how could i fear any hurricane, beyza - by Torryn - 05-19-2024, 04:23 PM
    RE: how could i fear any hurricane, beyza - by Torryn - 07-20-2024, 04:15 PM