• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus]
    Phoebus wishes he could say he was surprised at Escense's choice. It was only normal for a child to want to know their parents, no matter how rotten they were beneath the surface.  He wishes he could change her mind somehow, save his mother from the pain of letting a child go off to make a life of their own, and show Escense that her father really didn't have her best interests at heart. 

However, he can do none of that right now. The only way to protect Escense, in any meaningful way, is to play into Zain's hand. 

Phoebus meets his mother's gaze, giving her a knowing, thoughtful glance, and then he turns his head back to Zain and Escense. He smiles at both of them. "Mother, perhaps Zain doesn't have as ill of intentions as we thought," He says, inching closer to the pair in front of him and further from his mother. "It seems like Escense is learning so much from him. Maybe I could tag along and learn some tricks myself!" Phoebus makes sure to have this sound particularly chipper, naive even - he perks his ears up as he looks at Escense. "I'd also love to get a chance to know my little sister! I've always wanted a little sibling, after all. That would be okay with you, right Zain?"

Phoebus gives a fake-pleading glance to Zain. He knows that it would be more suspicious for Zain to say no than to just allow him to tag along; he knows that Zain would have to answer Escense's myriad of questions if he said no. It would cost Zain more control of the filly in the long-run...and while Phoebus didn't know Zain very well, he knew many horses like him, and losing control was something he couldn't afford. Even if he couldn't save Escense from her father's grasp, he could be a watchful eye while she was with him. 

@ AuroraElis 
    @ Zain 
    @ Escence

Messages In This Thread
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus] - by Zain - 07-07-2024, 12:03 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus] - by Phoebus - 07-13-2024, 07:05 PM