• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head

I would take a whisper if that’s all you had to give

The young male was still a bit… skeptical. Though Quetzalli was, as a general rule, a very trusting creature, time and circumstance had taught him that sometimes it was good to trust his own instincts. Those instincts, currently, were twisting quietly at the back of his mind whispering to watch… listen… Especially after Oaks mentioned that it was possible they were led here. Quetzalli’s mind went back to the peculiar little blue butterfly that he’d felt compelled to follow. Clearly there was a strange magic at place here in Bequanna.

Then Awi made her inquiry, and it seemed like slowly, the atmosphere began to change. The adjustments were subtle, and if those little voices in his head hadn’t whispered to pay attention, Quetzalli would have missed it. Oaks shifted, and it was as though a strength began to grow within the other male. A life came back into a space that had before been in decay.

”What is working?” He stepped closer, ever the curious youth as he observed the slight transformation. His eyes flitted to Awi, feeling a kinship with the mare as they had arrived here at the same time, both clearly confused by this strange new world they’d found themselves in. But the strength that had been slowly seeping into the other male now drew a rather broad smile across his lips, and that gave Quetzalli a measure of confidence.

”You do seem to be feeling much better now… What is this strange magic?

He then notices the shadow of wings that drape down the male’s sides like phantoms - the strange shadows of the dying tree had obscured them until Quetzalli had moved closer. So he was not the only one who possessed extra appendages. That, at least, made him feel a little more at home. ”In my home world, our magics are tied to various creatures and elements. Yours here seems to be more ephemeral… Awi, have you ever witnessed something like this where you come from?” He turned to the lady, conscious that he had been mostly addressing Oaks up until this point. He didn’t mean to be rude, it was just that his curiosity latched onto the strangely afflicted male who was already a part of this world. But he imagined that she was as curious as he was about Bequanna and it seemed Oaks was the best source of information they had at the moment.

~ Quetzalli

Kornari

@Awi @ Oaks No you’re great! Quetz is just over here being his weird little birdy self

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-28-2024, 10:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 07-08-2024, 09:37 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 07-09-2024, 01:59 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 07-20-2024, 06:56 AM