• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus]
    The autumn night was crisp and cool as they crossed the Pangean border in hopes of finding his long-lost sister. Phoebus and his mother chat quietly - valuable time alone is something the pair hadn't had in many moons, and Phoebus uses this time to apologize for his absence. 

"...I know my disappearance hurt you, mom." He says with a gentle sigh, looking towards her with a softness he hadn't felt in awhile. "To be honest, I was afraid of coming back. Afraid of what you might say, afraid of facing Dad's..." His brows furrow. It was hard to admit his feelings, but he knew that in the presence of his mother, kind and comforting, he could be vulnerable, if only for a moment. "...dad's death. I was angry...I am angry. At him, at myself. At the magic in this land for changing everything. I thought maybe it would be easier if I stayed away, even if I wasn't doing anything but wallowing in my own pity."

The pair approach a clearing, and Phoebus looks to the stars. He quietly names the constellations - Orion, Leo, Scorpius... - remembering how many times he had looked at this sky, wondering if Aurora was staring at the same stars, wondering if Rou was watching over him. It distracts him for just a moment before he hears a excited squeal from a distance. 

"Mother?!" 

He looks towards the fiery filly, and watches his mother gallop to meet her. Phoebus follows at a trot, eyes pulling from his mother and sister to look towards the creature standing behind them. His sickening grin, his cocky demeanor, his lie-laden words infuriate the boy of fire...but he does not play his hand, opting for a flat face and a nod at his introduction. "Ah, so I've heard." He says, eyes never leaving the stallion as Aurora and Escense chat. He could not afford to let this...corpse...get the best of him. Phoebus's eyes only leave Zain's when he introduces Escense. She is bright-eyed, enthusiastic, and unfortunately as young ones often are, terribly naive. She asks who he is, and the boy of fire gives her a sweet smile. 

"I'm Phoebus." He says, bowing his head politely. He glances over to Zain, who looks at him expectantly. He figures this would be the best time to reveal to Escense their relation, considering if she didn't plan to return with him, he had every intention of staying here to keep an eye on her. "I've known your mom for a really long time..." He says, looking back to her. "...because she's my mom too." 

@ Zain 
    @ Escence 
    @ AuroraElis

Messages In This Thread
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus] - by Zain - 07-07-2024, 12:03 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS[Aurora & Phoebus] - by Phoebus - 07-07-2024, 07:21 PM