• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Not All That Glitters is Gold[Jack and Phoebus]
    Just as they had found a meeting place, just as they were discussing their forward march into Pangea to find the twins, a soft voice emerges from the darkened horizon. 

"Mom? Jack? Is that you?" 

Phoebus breathes a sigh of relief, observing his mother and Jack as they comfort the young colt. It doesn't feel right to interfere in such an intimate moment, even if Eviction is his brother...even if this is their first time meeting. Aurora asks several questions, and Vic answers them, reassuring their mother that everything was okay. When he explains that Escense is still with Zain and that he was being sent to the Gates, Phoebus perks his ears up. It was obvious why Zain was separating them - Vic seemed to understand his father was not to be trusted, but their naive sister desired a relationship, and separating the two was crucial to whatever nefarious plan Zain had in store. Jack suggests going with Vic to the Gates, and Phoebus nods in agreement. 

"Good idea, Jack," He says, eyes never leaving his brother. "It's best he's not left alone. I'm not sure what Zain is planning, but it can't be good." The boy of fire takes a few steps forward, smiling at the colt. "My name is Phoebus. It's nice to meet you..." He hesitates. Perhaps telling Vic of their familial ties would be better another time. Instead, he bows his head. "...I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon." He leaves this somewhat cryptic message hanging in the air, looking back to his mother and then over to Jack. "I will head into Pangea and find Escense. It isn't safe for mo-...Aurora...to go alone, so we can go together." He looks back down to Vic, a reassuring smile appearing over his lips. "We will find her and bring her home safe." Phoebus turns from Jack and Eviction, walking towards his mother, towards the Pangean border where his little sister lie. 

@ AuroraElis @ Eviction @Jack in the Box

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not All That Glitters is Gold[Jack and Phoebus] - by Phoebus - 07-02-2024, 07:29 PM