• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  everything that dies makes its way back, ryatah

Ryatah
    WHEN I WAS SHIPWRECKED I THOUGHT OF YOU
    IN THE CRACKS OF LIGHT I DREAMED OF YOU
    There is something familiar about him beyond their immortality.
    She had felt it when she had reached into him, a likeness in their blood, in their wretched hearts. In herself, she sees it as a flaw. Her heart cannot be trusted — it breaks itself over and over in search of love in places that it simply cannot exist, tries to plant itself into blighted ground where anything that grows has no choice but to be corrupted. On the few occasions something sweeter has bloomed by chance, she discards nearly as quickly as it blossomed, that selfish, greedy heart of hers never quite satisfied. In the wake of her own heartbreak she leaves scorched relationships and the bitter taste of her name on the tongues of those who had tried to love her.

She knows it’s wrong.
    She feels bad, of course; her remorse is a genuine thing, but until recently it had not been enough to stop her. Being in love had never kept her from looking elsewhere; Carnage didn’t typically care what she did with her time when he was gone, but until Atrox none of the others had managed to hold her attention for long. He is the only reason her endless pursuit of love came to a pause, and he is the only thing in the back of her mind that tells her she cannot follow this strange invisible string pulling her towards the gilded, bleeding man in front of her, no matter how beautiful she thinks his own tragic heart must be.

“I am not free of sin, either,” she tells him, and she says it so easily, as if her list of sins would not be offensively long. “If you don’t think you are worthy of the time immortality gave you, I promise it was no better off with me.” She tilts her head, a small smile on her lips that are now stained by his golden tears and his blood. “Do you want the thorns gone? I could remove them, I think.” She is not well practiced in using her magic on others but she could not walk away without offering, even though she secretly likes the way the rivulets of gold shimmer on his skin.

AND IT WAS REAL ENOUGH TO GET ME THROUGH —
    BUT I SWEAR YOU WERE THERE

@jarris

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything that dies makes its way back, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-30-2024, 01:40 PM