• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I would hold on for all it's worth

The sparkle that displays Clopin’s entertainment shines bright as Nee speaks again, asking about - how bad he was at teleporting (which makes his hooked beak part in a sharp smile) and then quickly continuing on to ask if he could teach her. Well wasn’t that interesting? No one had asked Clopin to teach them anything before. It wasn’t exactly something he would normally do. Unless it was to teach bad words to someone too young to know them or something equally pointless yet hilarious.

Besides, it might be fun to try it for a little bit - the whole teaching thing. Surely there will be a lark to uncover in there somewhere.

The bronze eagle ruffles his feathers just a little, giving a perfectly timed pause (as though he were giving it some consideration) and nods. “Well, I am… usually passable at it. I think I could teach you. I learned with my sister… which is kind of like teaching someone?” Who really taught who, though? The memory for their early days has faded into the cotton-candy-spider-webbing of his mind, blurred by time and indifference. If he needed a memory he could simply falsify one that suited the occasion.

Like right now, he enjoyed the idea of being helpful so it suited him to imagine a past where he had already taught someone and therefore knew how to do it.

He was not entirely sure how he was going to do that but… well he did not need to figure that out right this second.

“It may have to wait until I am a horse again but we can certainly try.” That sounded reasonable, right? And his interest is not feigned when he asks. “How did it go last time?”

@Nizhonii

Messages In This Thread
    I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 04-29-2024, 03:36 PM
    RE: I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 06-29-2024, 10:16 PM