• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head
    Until now, anomalies have only existed in my wildest dreams.  Lands of mysterious creatures far beyond the herds that make up my rather mundane home.  It is clear to me know that I am not dreaming, and I am not within the universe I once called home.

My gaze shifts to the vibrantly plumage stallion.  He looks young but speaks far beyond his years.  I smile as he too introduces himself, giving no more than a nod as a returned greeting.

When Quetzalli speaks of the butterfly - that I too had followed - my sienna eyes light up.  Could the butterfly be the cause of them being brought to Beqanna?  Then Oaks speaks as if confirming my suspicion.  My large ears perk forwards wanting to hear more of this magical place.

I was a quiet creature.  Mostly observing my surroundings and conversing with the fauna of the lands.  So, I am glad to listen and learn as the two stallions discuss the condition of the area, the dead tree and the unknown illness that seemed to plague Oaks.  Even now his stance becomes unsteady and worry twists my facial features as he tries hard to mask the unpleasantness of his condition.  I wish I could help but a part of me thinks it wiser to keep a safe distance.

Against my former judgment, the softness of my doe heart wills me to speak out, "Is there anything I, we, can do to help?"  My gaze shifts between the pair I have come to find myself in the presence of.  If there was anything at all I could do I was more than happy to do it.
    ~ Awi ~
    Cast All Your Worries Upon The Winds

@ Oaks 
    @Quetzalli

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM