• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's Just a Girl, and She's On Fire[Zain]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

It was the hardest thing I had ever done, walking away from my twin brother.  Vic had always been there, day and night, rain or shine.  Twin flames from the same stoked fire.

I pull away from him, rejoining at my father's side.  Silence engulfs us as I walk without my usual bounce.  For a moment I think to plead for my father to reconsider, but something inside me tells me it is pointless.  My head rises, turning just slightly so that I may see Vic once again.  He was just standing there, staring helplessly and my heart breaks.

He would be back soon, I tell myself.  They would not be apart long and then we would reunite, brighter than ever!

After some distance, distracted by my thoughts, my ears twist forward to catch my father speaking.  What was this you were saying about wings?  My red eyes look up to him, thinking of the first day they arrived here, and I had been talking about my gifts.  "Oh uh, I flew...once.  I was angry and ran off, then suddenly I had wings of fire that carried me across the river border," my voice was missing its usual perkiness.  Especially when I think of all my failed attempts since then to make them appear again.  "I haven't been able to make them since that day though... Vic tried helping me, but nothing has seemed to work," there is defeat in my tone as I speak of my lack of control, "I'm not as good as Vic at controlling my powers."

There is a brief silence before my father speaks again, I think I have an idea.  My ears perk at the thought, the possibility, that I could finally learn how to wield my magic.

A sudden spring comes to my step as I follow him.  Eventually we come upon a tall structure made of eroded rock.  I look up at the teetering top.  It appeared much like the canyons I had found myself in one afternoon several months ago.  But it stood solitary instead of long walls.  "What is that?" I ask curiously.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings

Messages In This Thread
    She's Just a Girl, and She's On Fire[Zain] - by Escence - 06-27-2024, 12:11 PM