• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

couldn't stop the ocean leaking in the cracks; demi

I note the way he stirs at my sudden appearance.  Had I been in the same circumstance much worse would have happened, I am sure.  The creature always crept up from deep in my chest whenever danger ignited my fight response.  But I retain an even and calm demeanor, ensuring the stranger knows I mean no harm.

He is quick with his response back to my quip, his tone humored.  "Baltian huh?" I say, my eyes appraising him and his lack of aquatic semblance with a devious grin, "Must have been several generations."

My introduction is met with his and I put the name to memory, "It is nice to meet you Ruhr.  I am fairly new to the Gates myself."  My head turns to look inland, "It is a decent home and worthy of a visit."  

Again, my head turns, and my blue eyes settle on his avian features, "I too have family with feathers, believe it or not." By looking at me you'd never have guessed it'd be possible and really it wasn't.  My immediate family, unbeknownst to me, are only distantly related.  "I come from a long line of shifters; bird, fish, and everything in between," it made for interesting family dynamics that was for sure.

My feminine face tilts slightly as a thought entered my mind, "Why were you in the water?"  Seemed strange for someone like himself to be wading in the ocean this late into the evening.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@Ruhr
    //Equus Kelpus-Immortality\\

Messages In This Thread
    RE: couldn't stop the ocean leaking in the cracks; demi - by Deiti - 06-26-2024, 06:26 PM