• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold[Family]

AuroraElis

Her return is a whirlwind of emotions, apparent in her expression as she looks at Amen.  "Amen!  Thank Goodness!" She recollects her thoughts before speaking in which Amen asks what is wrong and where everyone was.  Panic again washes over her, "I-I don't know.  I just got home, and I can't find anyone.  They aren't in the shelter, and I don't see them by the lake... You..." Her words give pause as she notices the miniature creature snug between Amen's front legs.  

He must have noticed my sudden distraction and shift of my gaze.  He quickly introduces his daughter and for a brief moment she forgets her own troubles. "Hello there little one," she says sweetly, but when he mentions her having children, she remembers they were missing still.  

She is about to ask Amen if he had any idea where they could be when a familiar whinny calls out. "Jack?" She cranes her neck around just as he is coming to her side.  He embraces her but he is different, feels different.  The usual smoothness of his deep brown hide is rigged.

"Jack, you... have wings!  And you are glowing??...  What is going on!?" There is a dumbfounded look on her face as her gaze shifts between those gathered.  

Before Jack can answer she shakes her head, "Ok lets take one thing at a time here... We need to find the twins and THEN we can discuss... this."  Her face motions to the whole of him before looking around, "When did anyone see them last?  They were in the shelter sleeping when I... Well, I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk and then I followed a shooting star which led me a lot farther than I meant to go.  And then... Ahhh... I got back here, and everyone was gone."  

Her navy eyes fall on Amen as if to prompt him to go next...

Not all that glitters is gold

@ you know who you all are xD
    //Healing-Peacock Wings(flightless)\\

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not All That Glitters is Gold[Family] - by AuroraElis - 06-24-2024, 07:14 PM