• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm Gonna Own This Curse[Zain]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

Zain had left, the disturbing thing that is his father.  For kingdom duties he claimed but Eviction was unsure what truths lie in that statement, or any statement that comes from his cursed tongue. 

So he too slipped away under the cover of darkness.  Sneaking through the shadows and climbing the winding stairwell of the Mountain.  Only the fae could grant him a power to repay his father for the nasty deeds he has done and will do.  Some would say it was only an apple, but it was much more, he could feel it.

He would be back before the undead thing would even know.  The power he sought should be undetectable, right?  A simple slide of hand, one power of healing for one of both capabilities.  It would be that easy.

Easy.

It was anything but, fore time and time again he returned until his wish was granted.  And this time it was.  But why did it not feel simple?  Why did he have this gnawing feeling in the marrow of his bones when he awoke at the base of the great shrine.

His bright eyes look about the area.  Seeking to find explanation of this nagging in his chest.  His masked face lowers to the earth, pale ears twisting on top his head.  It was darker, lacking the usual pulsing orange glow that surrounded him since birth.

With peaked brow he lifts his face, now tipping it in a sharp angle to view his hooves.  In the black of night he should see the flames wicking about his feet, but they are seemingly gone.  His flames!  His glow!  It is…gone!

Panic quickens his heart beat.  What had he done?!  What had the fae done??

He blinks rapidly, again looking in the dark for any hint of orange aura.  But he finds nothing discernable.  That is until he detaches his fire aura, allowing it to expand around him.  There is something different about it.  Something dimmer, thicker… Sickly even.  He pushes it further, a faint pale extension of white light appears with a black halo at its edges.

It is in that faint pale white light that he sees the flicker of flame at his hooves.  Relief washes over him like a tidal wave, until he realizes the color is obsidian in hue.  Black flames?!  So much for unsuspecting…

His steps drag as he contemplates the excuse he would give his father upon his return to the prison that is Pangea.  What reasoning beyond magic would explain the color change? 

Black - Death. No, sickness!

Yes!  Sickness.

As he walks he practices his cough, drooping his ears and clearing his throat.  Hoarsing his voice he speaks out in broken phrases.  Yes this will be convincing enough, he thinks.

Day was well underway as he crosses the deserts border.  His dark eyes shift about, searching for any sign of his sister or father.  Again his heartbeat quickens as anxiety rises within him.  If he could find his twin first and convince her of his faux illness it might make it more convincing to his father.

His hopes instantly fade as he hears the gruff voice of his father creep up from behind him in a damning tone.

Where have you been?

He turn about quickly, much to agile for someone who is to be sick.  The words stammer, "I ah, was... I couldn't sleep, so I uh went for a walk..."  He swallows hard the lump rising in his throat,  a slight cough rising to choke it down, "I haven't been feeling the greatest."  His shoulder rolls as if motioning to the change that has taken over him.  "Some..something is wrong," a cough expels forcefully again as his eyes lower.

//Fire Mimicry-Healing\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Small Flames, Fire Aura
    **His fire mimicry trait colors are now black instead of orange**
    Current condition: disease carrier(blight)

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Gonna Own This Curse[Zain] - by Eviction - 06-24-2024, 07:54 AM
    RE: I'm Gonna Own This Curse[Zain] - by Zain - 06-24-2024, 06:32 PM
    RE: I'm Gonna Own This Curse[Zain] - by Eviction - 06-24-2024, 08:32 PM