• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Leave it to the land, this is what it knows
    ABRUS
    The raven releases a noise that might be a chuckle at her snort and scowl and the uneasy restlessness with which she moves and Abrus’ features twitch into a quick flash of a grin as well. Just as he had suspected, discovering someone with a brain in this land did present him with a flush of delight. It was enjoyable to affect others, even in annoyance, and he further enjoys those who display their reactions openly so that he can read them easily even with his borrowed sight, or without sight altogether. Her shuffling hooves and wings give her away, even if the visual signs of her simmering weren’t there.

“I wasn’t aware I was part of a group prone to doing so.” Did she mean other magicians? Or just stallions in general? He finds he is uncomfortably disappointed by being reduced to either of such mundane groupings, though he cannot fault her for that. The secrets to him are not so openly on display - much the same as this frost-adorned mare on the hunt for someone.

Still, she speaks again and her cryptic answer entertains the white eyed pair, though this time they do not let that show. Instead, Abrus just shakes his head in false disappointment. It is a small movement, careful and mindful of the large bird perched in those branching, wooden antlers. “What a tragedy, though I do not know this Set - if you were most certain of his importance I could help. A particular quirk of my gifts, needing strong bonds as a catalyst.”

The lie slithers from his mouth in a smooth, teasing manner. The antlered stallion and his companion remain still, watching for a reaction - curious about what it will be. He has his suspicions but keeps them close to his chest, content to allow her to peel apart her own layers instead of attempting to preemptively do so for her.

@Frostreaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Leave it to the land, this is what it knows - by Abrus - 06-23-2024, 06:58 PM