• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i hear the voice of rage and ruin
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

The other mare replies with a greeting of her own, and Mynra’s bright smile remains. She seems shy, an observation Mynra makes just before the other reveals her long rows of teeth in a grin. Years of practice keep the surprise from her golden face, but there is no fear to disguise. The horned queen is from a family of shifters, and while she had never seen a kelpie before, she knows better than to think that she has seen all there is of the world and its creatures.

She’s a siren of the sea, the mare says, offering Myrna an impish grin that sends a jolt of awareness running through the palomino mare. Perhaps it is some innate part of her prey mind recognizing a predator’s grin, but if it is? She does not recognize it as such. She feels only the thrill of adrenaline, the sensation of dancing along an edge.

“Deiti,” she repeats the other’s name to commit it to memory, continuing. “My name is Myrna, and yes: I do swim.” She pauses, just for a moment, before adding with a playfully sly smile on her golden mouth:“Though if you’re trying to lure me out to sea, you’ll find me rather hard to drown.” Her tone remains light, and teasing, and she turns her blue gaze out toward the sea. “I’ve worn many shapes,” she admits, “But nothing like a siren of the sea.”

@ Deiti

Messages In This Thread
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-13-2024, 01:35 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-16-2024, 08:38 AM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-19-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-23-2024, 08:29 AM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-23-2024, 04:25 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-26-2024, 05:52 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 07-03-2024, 04:18 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 07-04-2024, 08:05 AM