• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

couldn't stop the ocean leaking in the cracks; demi

The ocean was as familiar to me as my own emotions.  Turbulent and ever changing but consistent, until now.  Now I have a clarity that eases the burden of the creature that lurks beneath the surface.  Tethered now to the absence of the lunar phases and banished to only the darkest of nights.

I had yet to return to my water home since arriving back in the kingdom of the Gates.  As my time with the golden mare came to a close, I decided to slip back into the salty waters and soothe my aching bones.  Here within the embrace of the cool liquid I could relieve my joints from the weight of my landform.  Gone are the hindlimbs of the equine, replaced by the delicately finned tail of my aquatic self.  I find my transformation more pronounced now, the magics instilled in me presenting themselves with a change of scales, of hoof and jaw.  Slits along my neck, just behind my mandible, allow me to breathe the waters as if it were air.  Something I had not been able to accomplish before.

From the setting of the western sun to the setting of the moon I swam.  Venturing as far out as the mysterious Baltian kingdom, and back to the shores of the Gates once again.  I am most at home here in the sea and yet I am drawn to return to the land...

As I near the shallows, I could sense another lingering within the waters.  Something cumbersome, unlike my lithe aquatic form that was perfectly suited to the sea waters.

I do not dare approach the stranger, but instead circle wide and bring myself to crawl from the lapping waves a distance off, shifting back my hooved body as the sand brush against my scaled belly.

With a long flowing stride, I walk down the beach in the direction the other had been.  Even in the dim starlight I can see the muted tones of their body drawing closer to land.  There was a notable stumble in their step, with feathered wings soaked at their sides.  My movement only pauses when I am within speaking distance, not wanting to frighten the stranger.  "Hello there," I say in a kind voice.  Drawing a step closer so that my features may be more discernable in the pale light, my slitted blue eyes look to the winged appendages, "You do know those are meant for flying, not swimming, right?"  My tone is lighthearted, and my face laced with amusement.

"My name is Deiti.  Are you new to the Gates?" I inquire, attempting to make small talk while awaiting the break of dawn.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@Ruhr Suprise! xD
    //Equus Kelpus-Immortality\\

Messages In This Thread
    RE: couldn't stop the ocean leaking in the cracks; demi - by Deiti - 06-23-2024, 01:44 PM