• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Be the Anchor [Deiti]

It had been a trying few decades at this point.  Being immortal, time gets away from you a tad differently.  But the last couple years, since my return to the mainland, have been especially hard. 

She slips from my embrace, looking at me with tear filled eyes.  Under the faint starlight her golden face glimmers against the raven black of the night.  I smile, recognizing every fine line of her facial features from my many memories as she speaks.

It is in that moment though that the creature churns within me and I swallow hard as I back away.  How have I been?  It was a hard question to answer, truthfully.  I did not wish to tell her of all the horrible things I've done and so I tell a half truth, “I've been better these last few days.”  I say with a kindness.  “I-I am actually on my way to the Mountain so that I can be better… So that I WILL be better,” my reptilian-like eyes shift towards the direction I had been headed. 

With a heavy sadness I pull myself away but I plead for her to go to the place I had just left, “I must go, quickly befor…”  I begin to explain but decide against it, “Meet me there!” My feminine face points in the direction of the Gates, “I won't be long I promise!”

I wait for affirmation before I turn and gallop off towards the Mountain…

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@Embark
    //Equus Kelpus-Immortality\\

Messages In This Thread
    Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-23-2024, 09:14 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-24-2024, 06:10 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-26-2024, 08:57 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-27-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 06-16-2024, 06:51 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 06-21-2024, 12:53 PM