• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head

I would take a whisper if that’s all you had to give

The other male did not sound good, even to Quetzalli’s uneducated ears. He had a feeling even the newest healers of his people would be deeply concerned over the wet rattle that lurked in the back of his throat, the lack of strength in his stance. In that, Quetzalli knew that his initial statement was a lie - but he could also recognize the need to placate and soothe. Clearly the female was as new here as Quetzalli himself, both having been thrust into this new world - apparently called Bequanna - at nearly the name time.

The other two introduced themselves, and so Quetzalli bowed his head and did the same. ”I am Quetzalli. A pleasure, Awi and Oaks.” Now, he felt as though the atmosphere had become a little less tense. They were at least familiar, and so he stepped out of the grasp of the deadened limbs and approached his newfound companions. ”I am not sure how I came to be here… I simply awoke nearby and followed-“ He paused, realizing that they may think him crazy if he said he followed a voice here. Even though it was likely Awi’s voice, Quetzalli had no idea if that was true. So he quickly adjusted his response. ”I followed a butterfly and the path brought me to the two of you.”

As Oaks spoke, though, it was visible that he was afflicted with something that was making him weak. Concern pulled at Quetzalli’s lips. He looked once again to the tree that hung limp and lifeless above the compared to the lush and vibrant landscape he had just emerged from. Was there some blight upon this land? He had heard of such things in other lands, though the island he hailed from had been insulated from much of the outside worlds. Absently, his feathers ruffled and he decided that if he had found himself in this strange land, likely with no way to return home, he had best know what to expect. ”Oaks, forgive me if this is crass but… you sound terrible. And this tree,” He turns his gaze upward, ”It is the only one in this area that is dead. Is there some sort of infection afflicting Bequanna? Should Awi and I be worried we’ve been brought here?” Quetzalli hated the directness, he was rarely so forward especially when he had only just met these two. But a decision had been made, and the words could not be taken back. If he was to be stuck here, he had to know.

~ Quetzalli

Kornari

@Awi @ Oaks

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-28-2024, 10:05 AM