• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you got me with my worst intentions; ryatah

Ryatah
    WHEN I WAS SHIPWRECKED I THOUGHT OF YOU
    IN THE CRACKS OF LIGHT I DREAMED OF YOU
    She notices the way his own breath catches at her touch, and if they were under different circumstances she might have taken a moment to revel in that.

The imbalance that existed between them extended beyond the magic they each had; she loves him and he cannot love her, and she has learned to accept instead being wanted by him. And yet there is nothing she wants more (and she wants so many things, one of her countless flaws) than to feel as if she has a piece of him just as he has a piece of her, no matter how small it may be. To know that there is a reason that even in the infinite expanse of time that he possesses that she still crosses his mind, however erratic and fleeting, and reminds him to come back.

But given their current position—she curled against him, and he wrapped around her magic—she does not allow herself to savor the satisfaction, her attention tunneled to only one thing.  She knows now that her punishment has already begun, knows based on the way he constricts tighter and tighter around the object of his ire. There is a small part of her that wants to pull away, to try and sever the grip he has on her magic. She wants to be selfish; she wants to keep this power, wants to revolt against him just to see how far she would get. But she so rarely disobeyed him, and she knows him well enough to recognize that this is only the beginning of how he will express his displeasure with her.

And the part of her that does not want him to stop touching her is stronger—always.

His words are warm against her skin, and heat floods her blood, rising to the surface to meet his lips. He has a hold on more than just her magic, and even if somewhere in the back of her mind she wants to plead with him to not take it, those words never have a chance to make it to her tongue. Her magic is merely an extension of herself, and every part of her wants him in this moment, and she can almost feel the gilded threads giving themselves over to him when she sighs a breathy, nearly inaudible acquiescence against his shoulder.

AND IT WAS REAL ENOUGH TO GET ME THROUGH —
    BUT I SWEAR YOU WERE THERE

@Carnage

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you got me with my worst intentions; ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-17-2024, 12:14 AM