• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  flowers where your face should be [Aurora, any]
    Diable Rouge
    >

Diable Rouge feels his heart swell as she shakes her head, reassuring him that he didn't do anything wrong. Her own regrets spill from her lips like ink on a page, as her navy eyes well with tears. It is then that he approaches her, slowly, draping his head around her shoulders and pulling her close to him. He realizes he probably should've asked, but the instinct to comfort her overwhelmed any other thoughts in his mind. 

"Oh, Aurora," He coos, nuzzling her withers gently before pulling away to look at her. "I was never mad at you, and you shouldn't be sorry. Death is...untimely." He shakes his head and sighs. Rou knows that seeing him again is probably devastating, that it is bringing up all the sadness and guilt from the past three decades to the surface. 

Aurora's next question takes him aback. He hadn't really thought about if Beqanna was truly where he wanted to be. He had been...happy in the Afterlife, save for unfinished business and reoccuring nightmares. Kaiode and his mother kept good company, and he feels himself choke up as he remembers the deal he made with the magician. 

They will never remember you again... Diable Rouge closes his eyes. They wouldn't remember him, but he had a chance to make new memories, to fix what he had broken. They would be content, happy in their afterlife...so shouldn't he give himself the chance to be happy in his new life? 

Diable Rouge opens his eyes, once again meeting Aurora's gentle gaze. He smiles and nods his head. "I've waited decades to see you again, to make things right..." He says. "There is no place I'd rather be than here...with you. I've been given a miracle." 

I'm learning how to put the pieces back together, turn the aching to composure

@ AuroraElis <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: flowers where your face should be [Aurora, any] - by Diable Rouge - 06-16-2024, 07:26 PM