• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i hear the voice of rage and ruin

This place, with the floral center and open sea at its shores was as close to home as I have come to find amongst the many lands of this new Beqanna.  It wasn't the tropical oasis of Ischia, but the parts were mostly all there.  All but one, my waterfall.

As I reentered the kingdom -after descending the mountain- I am relieved that the light of day had rose over the horizon and the sun was now seated high above.  It put me at ease that my demons were tethered to the darkest of nights now.  No longer would I have to fight for control each waking moment.  I was thankful in my wanderings of the lavender kingdom that I had beached on Her shores and encountered EverClear, however rough their initial meeting had been.  I would find him again, I think, and thank him.

The sun rays shimmered against my iridescent scales, casting prisms of color to dance along my flesh as I moved across the rows of floral fields.  I had no real destination in mind as I traversed across the land.  Perhaps internally I only sought the peace that had overcome me now as I watch the songbirds flutter about without a deep primal instinct to snatch one out of midair with my row of sharp teeth.

A few more paces along the path I follow, I notice a change in the flowers.  Being on the tail end of summer I do not expect to see blooms usually seen in other seasons of the year.  My delicate head tips in curiosity as my pace neither slows or quickens.

Moving along the obvious trail that thickens of flora, I look up only briefly to gauge my position within the kingdom.  It is then that my reptilian-like eyes land on a golden figure in the distance.  I stop, watching as they move through the land with a regal ease.  The twining crown of wine and branch mixed within horn atop their head causes my musings to peak.  We were very different in appearance, quite opposite really, but there was the same aura of peace radiating from them of equal proportions.

I simply watch for a moment more, debating on whether I greet the stranger or turn tail for the sea.  On any other day of my past I would have fled to the safety of my water home, but today I feel inspired and so I call out across the meadow a whicker in greeting.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@ Viszla
    //Equus Kelpus-Immortality\\

Messages In This Thread
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-13-2024, 01:35 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-16-2024, 08:38 AM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-19-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-23-2024, 08:29 AM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Viszla - 06-23-2024, 04:25 PM
    RE: i hear the voice of rage and ruin - by Deiti - 06-26-2024, 05:52 PM