• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head
    There are few things the young mare knows, but dreams are one of those few things.  A dreamer by heart, the doe like mare has spent much of this short life in dreams of both day and night.  See, there wasn't much else to do in my reality besides eat and survive, so I often escaped to the forests to play with the fauna and dream.  So as I stumble into the open meadow and am greeted by another, I realize now that this is anything but my child like fantasies.

Having just regained my balance, sienna eyes wide and staring at the spotted stranger, another stumbles from the same forest I had exited only moments ago.  My head turns to view the other with my dumbfounded expression, remnants of the forest trees tangled within my red mane.

I can't help but noticed the bright plumage he holds to his sides, wings by the look of it, like the birds of the sky.  No birds that I had ever seen held such bright colors, but the feathers hinted towards bird regardless.  The spotted stallion looked about as normal as I did, but seeing the winged being I am not so certain I am not dreaming once again.

It is only when the first stranger I encounter begins to speak that my attention shifts.  His proclamation of being ok is slighted by the crackle in his lungs and heaviness of his head.  It was as clear as the shock on my face he was ill.  I had been raised by many wise horses that had natural remedies for every sickness imaginable.  It is only now I wish I had spent less time dreaming and more time learning.

"Beqanna," I whisper to myself as if hearing my own voice say it would make it more believable.

He offers a welcoming and his name with few details of this foreign land.  I blink, having realized as my vision became clouded that I hadn't blinked in some time.  I straighten as if to gain some sort of composure before offering my own name, "My name is Awi, daughter of Nvgi and Agowatiha of the Great Mountain herds."  My gaze shifts between the strangers with ears turned forwards eagerly waiting for more information on where I have come to be.
    ~ Awi ~
    Cast All Your Worries Upon The Winds

@ Oaks 
    @Quetzalli

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM