• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head

I would take a whisper if that’s all you had to give

He had sworn he’d heard a voice nearby, though perhaps that was just his sleep-addled mind. It had been an age since he’d been awake, after all. Still, Quetzalli was always one to trust his instincts. There was life nearby - not just the life that surrounded him in the flora and fauna of the forest. Atop his delicately chiseled head, ears swiveled around as he waited for another indication that he wasn’t going crazy.

If he hadn’t been alert, he might have missed the soft whisper upon the winds that carried to him from elsewhere in the forest. A question, a concern, that set his feet moving in the direction of the mysterious voice. The thick moss and limbs of trees began to slowly dissipate. The light around him began to brighten until suddenly the dappled light gave way to glorious sun. Quetzalli blinked rapidly to clear the haze from his eyes. As his vision cleared, he looked upon a pair that stood in the clearing. Another male, covered in sweat and looking for all the world like he’d been through hell. Before him a delicate female - likely the voice he’d followed on the breeze - was sprawled as if she had tripped through the doorway to one world and into the next. Perhaps, like he, she had. Though neither looked as though they were dangerous, and in fact Quetzalli was pleased to have found he was not the only life in this new, strange world he’d ended up in, he approached with caution.

”Is everything ok here?” Keeping his body relaxed, his wings tucked against his speckled hide, the young stallion stepped further into the meadow. He looked around them, taking in the dead limbs that snagged his feathers and tail and the state that the two others were in. This new world was definitely full of a strange and intangible magic, one that he would need to investigate further. Stopping a respectful distance from the other male, he turned his gaze back to his newfound companions and posed another question. ”Where is here exactly?”

~ Quetzalli

Kornari

@Awi @ Oaks

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-28-2024, 10:05 AM