• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Do You Ever Dream; Beyza
    While Beyza feels sympathy for Crucis losing her family, there are holes in the story - and how it relates to their current situation - that leave her confused as well. She decides to ignore the continued use of the title she doesn’t care for or the ‘ma’am’ that is trying a little too hard to earn her respect. But her face remains as neutral and stone-like as ever, those unblinking eyes observing Crucis and all her performance.

“There was one survivor.” Beyza corrects - pointing out the obvious. If there were no survivors, Crucis would not be standing here before her.

She does not shift, change her expression, and does not move - Beyza barely requires breathing to function, after all. It entertains her to believe others think her gone - as though her stark white form was somehow easy to miss among the green and greys that compose this land. Perhaps they thought she was a ghost. “I know that others live here, even if they do not know I am here, but the time for rulers that meddle has passed. No one needs a queen anymore. This land is well protected and that is all that matters.”

“I am sorry for the loss of your family, Crucis, but if you wish to make them proud I would suggest working for the title you seek instead of assuming birthright alone is enough.” It was very childlike of this mare to believe so, cementing Beyza’s view that she was young indeed. Despite the tragedy that she had experienced, there was so much learning left to do. And what good would a naive queen be, even in these hollow times?

BEYZA

@Crucis

Messages In This Thread
    Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Crucis - 05-19-2024, 09:46 AM
    RE: Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Beyza - 05-20-2024, 01:32 PM
    RE: Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Crucis - 05-20-2024, 03:06 PM
    RE: Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Beyza - 05-22-2024, 12:37 AM
    RE: Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Crucis - 05-22-2024, 11:14 AM
    RE: Do You Ever Dream; Beyza - by Beyza - 06-11-2024, 11:22 AM