• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a war inside my head
    The thick trees of the forest in which she awoke began to break apart the farther they traveled, allowing more light to reach the leaf covered floor.

Her path followed the great blue butterfly that had greeted her in her dream. Convinced she was still in one, she traversed happily behind its wayward flittering, eyes peering up at the canopy then back to the ground on which she walked.  Examining the foreign lands mythical attributes.

With light steps the dried leaves hardly crunch under her weight.  A light breeze begins to scatter them about, tossing her chestnut forelock to cover her right eye.  She shakes her head gently, brushing it back into place before noticing a break in the distant trees. 

Curious, she departs from her travel companion's side and heads towards the ethereal light.  Her steps are slow and cautious as she approaches the edge of the bark covered pillars.

In another few strides she reaches the tree line and steps out into the unfiltered light, ducking beneath a deadened branch that snags her mane.  The light is blinding, disorienting her as she tugs against its entrapment.  It breaks free with a snap, sending her tumbling into the open and nearly colliding with an unrecognizable figure.

Finding her balance once more she spins around to view whatever it was she had come across in her dreamworld.  With a gentle shake of her head she tries to uncloud her mind, but when her eyes open the spotted form is still there.  Stunned, she stops, splay legged and perhaps dumbfounded in expression. 

“Who are you?” She says in a kind but confused voice.  “Wh-where am I?” The doe mare looks upon him and notes something amiss in the way he carries himself.  “Are you ok?”  A funny question to ask for someone who thought they were still dreaming only moments ago.
    ~ Awi ~
    Cast All Your Worries Upon The Winds

@ Oaks

Messages In This Thread
    a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-10-2024, 01:02 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-10-2024, 05:35 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-13-2024, 07:05 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-14-2024, 09:32 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-15-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Quetzalli - 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Oaks - 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM
    RE: a war inside my head - by Awi - 06-28-2024, 10:05 AM