• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it just keeps me from trouble

At the word I leap forward, darting beneath the underbrush that tugs at my thick purple tinted coat.  I slip through easily though, streamlining my body and tucking my ears to my skull.

Leaping over a fallen log, covered thick with moss and shroom, I land on the other side with a thud.  The noise vibrates the earth, sending a deer scampering from their place of rest within the forest.  I stop, watching it bound off, its tail high in alert.  That prey was too big for just the two of them to take anyhow.

In my pause I expect to see the dark wolf approaching from behind me, but instead a catlike creature appears on the log.  Baring my sharp teeth with a guttural growl, my orange eyes fixate on the feline.  Accustomed to seeing the cougar of the northern mountains I know just how crafty the creatures could be, and powerful.

"Get out of here cat!  Go find your own hunting grounds," I spit out with malice.  I wasn't often hostile but something about cats made my fur stand on end.

My worry goes to why Malik had not yet appeared, and that the vile creature had gotten him.

Cyrus

@ Malik Well that took an unexpected turn XD
    //Wolf Shifting-Ghost Whispering\\
    *Will always be in wolf form*

Messages In This Thread
    it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-04-2024, 02:34 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-04-2024, 08:59 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-05-2024, 06:46 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-07-2024, 01:31 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-24-2024, 09:13 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-26-2024, 09:15 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-02-2024, 09:58 AM