• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I am the pain, the reaper, a structure of lies
    I L I A N A

In the wake of the lull that has settled over Beqanna, she has learned to make peace with the quiet.

It had bothered her at first. She was used to turmoil, be it political or some other kind of upheaval, and to her this peace felt…eerie. No fighting over crowns, no kingdoms pitting against each other over fabricated wrong-doings. The lack of disturbance made the tranquility almost feel like a trap, and she half-expected that the next round of earthquakes or storms would destroy the realm altogether.

But recently she has allowed herself to fall victim to the false sense of security, choosing to enjoy it for however long it should last. Should the monster that slumbered in Beqanna’s heart decide to stir once more she would welcome the chaos with sword and shield in hand but for now she was content to simply exist.

Today found her in the riverlands, the tall grass brushing against her knees in some places. Summer had already begun to chase off the coolness of spring, and the sunlight warmed her back as she walked, her rose-gold markings glinting beneath it. The heat was not stifling yet, and she was more than tempted to take on her panther form and find somewhere to sunbathe and laze the day away, but a skeletal figure slumped beneath a tree drew her eye. Unable to deny her curiosity, she approaches, her steps slow and still strangely feline in their movement, even though it didn’t appear as though this target would be getting away.

A closer inspection tells her he is skeletal in more ways than one — thin, yes, but also plaited in bone-armor, and truly looking as if he had seen better days. But the subtle inhale and exhale at his flanks tells her that he is not dead, and as she is debating what to do the harpy eagle lands on a branch above their heads. “The vultures are going to start circling next,” she says to him, peering down at the sleeping (unconscious?) stranger with an inquisitive tilt of her head, all the while keeping a cautious eye on what she assumes is his eagle companion.
    -- the shadow is mine, and so is the valley

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the pain, the reaper, a structure of lies - by Iliana - 06-03-2024, 12:53 AM