• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it just keeps me from trouble
    “Flank,” I reply, my mouth opening in a lupine smile. It’s been a long time since I hunted with another, and with my own belly full I am content to let him take the lead. These are not lands that I know well, but the purple wolf seems at ease here enough that I think he must be familiar with the woods.

He introduces himself as Cyrus, and I step aside to let him take the lead as I reply. “My name is Malik.” I consider asking him for news of the kingdoms, of politics and diplomacy, but more chatter would scare away the prey that I eagerly follow along to hunt.

As we go, I focus on the unique sensations of the wolf shape I wear. Though there are limitations to my shifting, limitations that will remain until I’ve completed my quest, the years spent honing the gift I have were well used. I am quick in this form, but I would be better in one I know better, and so as we stalk forward, my body transforms from a wolf into a smaller feline. An ocelot, a shape accustomed to moving through the woods, and one that can climb far out of reach of snapping teeth.

@Cyrus

Messages In This Thread
    it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-04-2024, 02:34 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-04-2024, 08:59 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-05-2024, 06:46 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-07-2024, 01:31 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-24-2024, 09:13 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-26-2024, 09:15 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-02-2024, 09:58 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-09-2024, 08:25 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-11-2024, 07:56 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-15-2024, 11:41 AM