• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Be the Anchor [Deiti]

I wince as I hear the snap of twig, freezing my movements and contemplated if I should just bolt off.  But then there is the voice, soft, kind and a tad lost sounding.  It causes me to remain still, my only movement is my ears swiveling about my head to catch the sound of steps approaching.  

The creature within me lays coiled, ready to surface at a moment's notice and rip into the flesh that is approaching.  I swallow hard, trying to repress the urges that instinctively flow within me.

Then my name is coming again from the stranger, and I turn to look at a ghostly being in the dim starlight.  "Embark?"  I repeat the name as if it not a name I think of on a daily basis.  The name that haunts my every waking moment.  My sweet and gentle buttermilk sister that I had stained red by ripping through her flesh.

I smile a toothy smile, revealing the dagger like teeth I still wore.  It may have looked sinister in the silent darkness but there is a gentleness to my face as I stare at her.  "Sister!"  I turn to face her, taking a few steps towards her and closing the distance between us.  I go to embrace her, intertwining my neck with hers.  The warmth of her plush skin, the scent of her mane, it feels like home.

In that moment I forget about the creature begging to rip her open again.  I forget about the blood dried on my face from my encounter early that evening.  I forget about the monster that I have become.  My heart was just a tad more full than it had been only a few hours ago.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@Embark
    //Equus Kelpus-Immortality\\

Messages In This Thread
    Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-23-2024, 09:14 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-24-2024, 06:10 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-26-2024, 08:57 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-27-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 06-16-2024, 06:51 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 06-21-2024, 12:53 PM