• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  flowers where your face should be [Aurora, any]
    Diable Rouge
    >

The water billows around his leg - cold in the early spring weather. He stands there, damp, shivering staring at her with tears streaming down his face as she stares at him in disbelief. Death had separated them long ago - it comes as no surprise that she wouldn't believe it was real. 

"Yes..." He answers her when she asks if it is him. He looks down at himself, chuckles a bit at how pathetic he looks, then meets her gaze again. "Yes, it is really me." Diable Rouge wants to tell her of the story - to let her know about the dreams, about the strange magician in the Afterlife, about the sacrifice he made to come back to her, about the searing pain. However, none of those words find his lips - how could he so selfishly regale his tales when she had suffered in his absence? 

Rou pulls himself from the freezing stream, moves closer to her. She smells familiar - home - like honeysuckle and rose. He doesn't dare cross her boundaries, instead allowing her to see him in the flesh, to show her that he is really there. 

"Y-you came back." She says through shaking breath, gracing him with a smile he's not so sure he deserves. So much had probably changed in three decades. He feels ashamed, selfish for showing up unannounced when she undoubtedly had moved on. However, when he sees her smile, looks carefully at her perfect face, he forgets to even care. 

"I did..." The chaser says simply. He stands only feet from her, and despite the urge to move closer, he does not. He looks down to his hooves, brows furrowing. "I'm sorry I left in the first place, Aurora." Tears begin to pour down his face again and he crinkles his eyes together, desperately blinking them away. "And I'm sorry for coming back...unannounced. I guess there isn't really an optimal time for rebirth." 

I'm learning how to put the pieces back together, turn the aching to composure

@ AuroraElis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: flowers where your face should be [Aurora, any] - by Diable Rouge - 05-26-2024, 09:15 PM