• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Be the Anchor [Deiti]
    I cry for what feels like hours, until I no longer can. 

Her name had echoed for miles, bouncing off the ruins and returning to me. Silence drew a curtain over my agony after a few moments, and I sat sniffling for awhile before finally deciding to take my leave. She wasn't here - perhaps she wasn't anywhere. I take in a deep breath through my nostrils and exhale through my mouth, as I had done so many times before in my moments of mental torment. 

Night had fallen, the sun setting beneath the horizon in a dazzling show of color before blanketing the Ruins in midnight. I walk slowly, careful not to trip over any rocks or boulders. Maybe it was best to find another secluded cavern somewhere - being a hermit seemed much better than the alternative of trying to find someone who may not be around at all. 

Suddenly, I hear a loud crack from nearby. My head turns quickly, ears darting forward. In the quiet of the Ruins, it is hard not to hear any misplaced sounds. I figure I have nothing to lose, turning and walking towards it. "Hello?" I question, eyebrow raising. "Is someone there? 

The mare's obsidian scales sparkle with color in the pale moonlight. Her cerulean eyes, reptilian in nature, peer at me through the darkness. She looks older now - well-formed, beautiful, hauntingly so. I knew it was my sister, my best friend, the only family that was alive anymore. 

"Deiti..." I whisper, not daring to move closer. Maybe it was a dream - a sadness-induced hallucination, but I still peer at her through tear-filled crimson eyes. I long to touch her (to be touched by her), to hug her like we had as children. Instead, I take a step back. "It's me, Embark..." I say quietly, not sure what she would do (or if this was even real to begin with). 

@ Deiti

Messages In This Thread
    Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-23-2024, 09:14 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-24-2024, 06:10 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 05-26-2024, 08:57 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 05-27-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Embark - 06-16-2024, 06:51 PM
    RE: Be the Anchor [Deiti] - by Deiti - 06-21-2024, 12:53 PM