• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your heartbeat on the high line
    you drew stars around my scars but now i’m bleeding

She listens when he describes his home, and already her mind is crafting his words into beautiful images — clouds limned in sunlight, a garden of stars at her feet like flowers. Betty had always found Beqanna to be beautiful, too; she liked the various landscapes, the fact that she could go from meadow to mountain to beach to forest and never feel like she was seeing the same thing twice. But there was of course something captivating about the skies, even to someone like her that was capable of soaring through them. She had never lived there, and that sounded extraordinary. “That sounds beautiful! What made you decide to live here instead of up there?”

It makes her wonder if she would ever leave here. Truthfully she had never really considered it. She had been born here, as had her parents — generations that only knew this place. She has dreamed of many things, but not of the worlds that must exist outside of here, and suddenly she feels incredibly small beneath the expanse of unknown galaxies.

She is still trying to imagine what his home (or old home, she isn’t quite sure how he views it) when he offers her such a compliment that it nearly startles her. Her amber eyes refocus on his face, and for a moment she almost looks perplexed, though she hides her uncertainty well. Her experience with those outside of her family is relatively limited, and she is still naive to the ways of the world. The idea that there could be a way to interpret what he says in multiple ways does not occur to her, but her cheeks flush with heat all the same, although she easily laughs it off. “My mother tells me all the time, does that count?”
    Betty

@Maeglin

Messages In This Thread
    your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 01-15-2024, 04:21 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 01-23-2024, 12:27 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 02-08-2024, 11:40 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 02-21-2024, 12:28 AM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 03-24-2024, 03:53 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 04-22-2024, 11:50 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 05-26-2024, 06:23 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 06-30-2024, 04:03 PM