• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Twin Flames [Escence]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

When I reach the farthest end of the sandy point, I stop and turn in one fluid movement.  The flames of my flesh, as well as the escaped orbs that float carelessly around me, pull outward as the sudden change of direction.  Lost to the atmosphere they dance and dazzle before evaporating into thin air.

My red eyes focus on my brother now, seated at the landlocked end.  A smirk of determination and spite twists my lips just before he calls out to me with instructions.  A huff of air is my response before I close my eyes and imagine my flames.

Waves of heated fuel sway in my mind.  Spirals of orange, red and yellow, even some white spread across my mental scenery.  It starts out localized, swirling along my flesh and bone.  But then something shifts and it begins to crawl away from me.  Spreading to every corner and consuming every inch.

Outwardly there is a shift in my facial expression, too far for Vic to see.  It is one of confusion, and then of disappointment.  This wasn't control.  This was a dumpster fire.

Within my gut a burning sensation ignites.  I try to remain focused and gain control over the imagery in my mind, but the gut-wrenching pain becomes too much, and my eyes shoot open.  

There is a sudden heat that consumes me.  My mouth waters even though it feels very dry.  I look to Vic, who notices something is wrong and begins to walk towards me.  I protest, telling him to stay back.  My memories go to the meadow and the first time I had met Amenadiel.  He too had been plagued with an internal burning.

Again, my stomach spasms and my back arches in response.  I gag, dry heaving in place.

I catch movement and notice Vic is standing now beside me, but his muted words are indiscernible. "N-no... Vic... Go..." Suddenly I feel a burning rising up my throat and I turn to face the lake, just before flames erupt from my parted jaw.

The jet of fire reaches across the water's surface before extinguishing, having found nothing to ignite along the way.  I stand staring, contemplating what just happened.  Vic is also looking between me and the area in which the flames had vanished.  What was that?!  Still a bit stunned I answer without movement, partially waiting for the sensation to return.  "D-Did I just vomit fire?!  That was not what I was trying for!"  

There wasn't much left to say, and I'd rather not revisit that anytime soon, so I look to my brothers glowing face in disbelief, "Maybe we should take a break..."

Merging into steal thread with Zain and Beetlejuice
    //Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings

Messages In This Thread
    Twin Flames [Escence] - by Eviction - 05-23-2024, 07:07 PM
    RE: Twin Flames [Escence] - by Escence - 05-24-2024, 06:34 AM
    RE: Twin Flames [Escence] - by Eviction - 05-25-2024, 09:11 AM
    RE: Twin Flames [Escence] - by Escence - 05-25-2024, 10:36 PM