• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Leave it to the land, this is what it knows
    I wait for an answer with an air of expectation I had not lost even in death, glancing from the white-glow of the raven's eyes to the stallion's and back again. They tilt their heads in unison in a decidedly eerie manner and I raise my wings slightly, taking a few more steps back to put some distance between us. I had recognized him as a magician almost immediately, the aura of power hard to miss - especially here in what is clearly his element - and every magician I know is as unpredictable as they are powerful.

How important is he to me? I snort, caught off-guard by the question. I hate it when my questions are answered with more questions. My ears find themselves buried in the icy knots of my mane and I don't bother to hide my scowl. Once, Set had everything. A doting father, my sun rose and fell on him and I competed fiercely for his attentions with my many siblings. Now ... my frown deepens. I'm not even sure why I am looking for him. I'd not questioned Niklas when we'd started back this way and when my impatience with his slow, methodical pace had grown to great to ignore and I'd pushed ahead, well, I had not thought to question my destination. Sure, I owe my father something for sending my brother after me, for showing me not only how to come back but that I could come back but ...

I grind my teeth together, annoyed by the train of thought he's nudged me down, and shift my weight. "Why is it you sort are always answering questions with more questions?" Tail lashing my hocks, I move a few steps again, restless.

By now my breathing has evened out and I spare the raven another look, suspicious. It would not be the first time that he took the form of some creature in order to cause someone some grief. I curl my lips, teeth clacking against one another in a quick action before I look back to the stallion. "He's important enough." My equally-cryptic reply is accompanied by a shrug of my wings. He speaks as if he indeed knows where Set is, but I'm wary to entangle myself. 

@Abrus

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Leave it to the land, this is what it knows - by Frostreaver - 05-22-2024, 02:14 PM