• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I would hold on for all it's worth

The expressions that pass across the mare’s face are so incredibly entertaining that Clopin rather forgets his pain and the fact that he’s quite frustrated at the moment. He wished he had been paying more attention when she did that little gasp after he first spoke. But unfortunately it didn’t really filter through his brain until it was too late to respond properly - that’s just how it all goes, though.

His entertainment does not fade, however, and even his small little bird eyes are bright with it as she responds. He thinks she’s telling the truth about him not being the worst teleporter - and he wants to ask more about that - but then she apologizes and he laughs. It’s not a cruel sound, at least he does not intend it to be. But it is loud - Clopin never was one for quiet chuckles if he could help it.

She seems surprised by him being a shapeshifter - and this is delightfully endearing. Where had she crawled out from, where she didn’t know such a thing - which maybe once was interesting - was now about as common place as seeing someone with wings?

“I am a horse, believe it or not.” He opts to be honest - conducting some great tale felt like far too much effort at the moment. “I just can’t quite prove it to you right now.” He stretches out his wings, testing them, before beating them and bringing himself up high enough to land on a nearby ledge helpfully provided by these weird ruins. Now at least they could look at each other more easily.

His eagle head tilts to the side as he regards her - voice bright with a teasing smile. “I’m Clopin though. It’s nice to meet you - Nee - even if you have a bad habit of berating birds.”

@Nizhonii

Messages In This Thread
    I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 04-29-2024, 03:36 PM
    RE: I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 05-21-2024, 11:53 PM