• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  boy of fire [any]
    Phoebus feels the fish cat lay comfortably beneath his warm frame. He chuckles, the first time he had done so in...years, probably. He looks towards the titanium mare, watches her roll her eyes in frustration with the creature, and lets out a snort. 

Phoebus watches her ear point forward at his mention of Tephra. He raises a brow curiously at her next words: "Many things have changed, but Tephra will return one day...sooner rather than later if I had any fucking say in it." He listens to her regale her tale of finding the fish-cat - a piece of Tephra - and the quest her and her fellow Tephrans had to do to bring back the land of fire. His ears perk, ever so slightly - was there really a chance Tephra could come back

He thinks of his homeland fondly. Its never-ending warmth, its rocky soil, its deep canyons - he would love to be there once more, if it was possible. He feels the same wave of annoyance wash over him as the mare tells him about how the others lacked. 

"Well, I guess they don't care that much about getting Tephra back," He says through gritted teeth. "I could find a piece of that place in my sleep..." His brows furrow in confusion. There was something so unique about that land, he didn't understand what would be so hard to find. "...I was its protector, once...long ago. Knew it like the back of my hoof." 

Phoebus feels the fish-cat take off before he realizes there is another presence a mile or two away, watching them from a hill. He watches the titanium mare take off after the creature, and he can't help but laugh. 

"It might not be so willing to run from you if you...I don't know, treated it halfway decent? A name might help." He yells from behind, shrugging his shoulders. Phoebus is halfway tempted to walk away, but the conversation about Tephra intrigues him and he needs to know more about the metal mare. So, he follows behind at a leisurely trot, ears pricked towards the new presence. 

Phoebus looks towards the blood bay mare with more curiosity than vitriol. She is beautiful in this light, he will give her that. However, he can't help but notice, other than being a beautiful horse, how plain she is in comparison to others he has seen. No wings, no horns, no gills, and certainly no metal. It is almost refreshing to see someone of such raw, unfiltered beauty. However, he can't help but feel another wave of aggravation come over him. 

"Seems like you have a bit of a staring problem," He snaps, without really thinking. "Never seen a man of fire before?" Phoebus laughs crudely, eyes rolling. He wonders what this mare wants, or where she had even come from in the first place.

@Kreation 
    @WhiteRat023

Messages In This Thread
    boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-12-2024, 08:37 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-14-2024, 07:04 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-14-2024, 08:28 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by . Red.Opium . - 05-16-2024, 02:24 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-17-2024, 07:17 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-17-2024, 08:40 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by . Red.Opium . - 05-19-2024, 03:02 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-19-2024, 06:58 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-19-2024, 07:46 PM