• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  boy of fire [any]

It had been some time since I had arrived beneath the large deciduous tree.  So much time in fact that the leaves that had filled its branches were now gone.  The barren spikes held some resemblance to the jagged lines that illuminated my purple skin in the night, when I willed it so.  Tonight was such a night as I longed for the spring thunderstorms.  

I had never been a fan of winter.  It caused my iron joints to creak with anguish.  That is why I waited here.  Waited for the others to show so that they may rise Tephra once more to its former glory.  Oh, how I longed to return to my birthplace.

The fish cat stirred where it had been seated on my back.  I tried my best to keep it warm as it was not accustomed to the frigid conditions here anymore than I was.

God, I wished they'd hurry the fuck up!

Waiting had caused a bitterness to rise within me as I stood, silver amethyst eyes cast towards the Mountain in the distance.  I had an itch to mark right up that fucker and demand my home back!  Fucking fairies...

My irritation is peaked as I hear a clatter off to my side.  A stomping of hooves and shouting into the night sky.  My eyes roll as my head turns, wings shifting with unease.  The fish cat turns its attention to the noise as well.  Its beady eyes narrowing on the fiery creature.

"Hey, fire boy!"  I shouted, "Pipe down before I slap a muzzle on ya!"  I scuff with a snort of annoyance, my gaze returning to the faded shape of the Mountain.  The glowing bolts along my flesh simmer to a staggering flash until they dim completely.  

The temporary companion I housed along my spine adjusts slightly, its glowing eyes still staring at the stranger but not in disdain.  The fish cat is intrigued by the fire wrapped stallion, perhaps a memory surfacing of its Tephrian home.  Its tiny paws knead along my back, and I shake in response to the sensation, sending the scaled feline jumping onto the snow-covered ground.

Being of a temperate climate, the creature struggles in the cold just as much as I do.  But its sights are set on the heated stallion, seeking out its warmth.  Its fish-like tail drags in the snow, leaving a thin trail behind as it moves towards the stranger.

My eyes roll as I chase after it.  "No! Bad kitty!" I yell, "We need to wait for the others."  A huff of hot air escapes my nares as I follow the glowing critter to the stallion.

Upon closer inspection I find a Tephra-like presence about him.  The fire melted to his flesh like the lava of my lands was a dead giveaway.  As I approach my ears lay flat against my skull, showing I was not in the mood for any bullshit.  "You look...lost," I say flatly with a snort as I reach where the fish cat had stopped to stare up at the stallion.

Kreation
    Say What You Wanna Say

@Phoebus  The fish cat is her tephra land quest find and basically looks like vaporeon with glowing aspects!

Messages In This Thread
    boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-12-2024, 08:37 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-14-2024, 07:04 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-14-2024, 08:28 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by . Red.Opium . - 05-16-2024, 02:24 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-17-2024, 07:17 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-17-2024, 08:40 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by . Red.Opium . - 05-19-2024, 03:02 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-19-2024, 06:58 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Phoebus - 05-19-2024, 07:46 PM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by . Red.Opium . - 05-22-2024, 12:28 AM
    RE: boy of fire [any] - by Kreation - 05-23-2024, 12:59 PM