• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I would hold on for all it's worth

“Well that’s not very nice.” Without moving from his sprawled out spot, Clopin turns his head to the side to regard the mare that’s decided to come over and insult him. She’s smiling, which is nice, and is a much prettier colour than some of the others he’s seen around but it’s still so wild to him that there could be an orange horse around at all. You got used to the pink ones, and the green ones, and that was basically all there was for a while until - well until who knows what happened. A rainbow exploded all over Beqanna or something, just another in a long line of disasters.

That tattoo is interesting - but his mind circles back to the fact that he should be insulted and also, he hurts.

“And to be fair - I was actually teleporting. So if you want to be rude and accurate - you can tell me I’m the worst teleporter you’ve ever seen.”

He gets up then. He intends to hop to his talons in a fluttering display but what actually happens is more of an awkward, rolling and flailing moment as he uses his large bronze wings to stabilize himself. His head spins but his ego feels better once he is standing. There is every intention to turn back into a horse at that very moment, all the better to look this mare in the eye, but there is no response from his magic at all. He frowns (or as best as he can frown when he’s got a beak).

A lot in his life, just by the nature of things and his ability in particular, didn’t make sense. And Clopin had gotten pretty good at just accepting, and embracing that fact. But really - if nothing else, he was actually a horse so wouldn’t it make more sense to have changed back immediately and not be able to do anything else?

Clopin’s been around for a very long time - it isn’t often his abilities fail him. But every once in a while there is an entertaining quirk. That must be what this is - not to mention he hit that… well whatever that was that he hit, he hit it pretty hard. He looks down at his feathered body and then puffs out those feathers when he looks back up at the mare. “Hm. And a pretty bad shapeshifter too, while we’re at it.”

@Nizhonii

Messages In This Thread
    I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 04-29-2024, 03:36 PM
    RE: I would hold on for all it's worth - by Clopin - 05-07-2024, 12:20 AM