• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  skin to bone, steel to rust.

During the time I spent away from this world I was shielded -physically- by the creatures unlike myself.  That didn't mean that I was naive to the many forms that inhabited Beqanna, I had simply not seen most of them in the flesh before.  The dreams were much different than reality.  Always forced from the deep recesses of your mind and twisted into concoctions of trauma and fear.  Your mind could show you many things, especially under the skillful hand of an illusionist.

---

As I stood unmoved, the heavy mists had started congregation along my bristled hairs, forming frosted spikes within my coat.

With silver eyes still cast across the expanse of water before me, I remain watching.  I watch as the otter scurries about.  I watch as the water creature follows it.  I watch as they converse.  Even though I cannot hear the words spoken, I am sure they are exchanged.

Again, I watch as the form that I had seen earlier plunge into the icy waters, shifts from the web-footed creature to an equine.  It was almost a foreign form to me now days and it piques my interest just slightly.

But then the figure, half out of the water, then not, draws my attention.  Most my dreams had been of land creatures.  Horrid monsters of the darkened forests and shadowed crevices.  Creatures of all shapes and sizes, but they never came from the waters.  Krampus didn't like the water much.

The interest is enough to draw me from my solitary position on the far side of the lake.  My steps are evenly paced as I walked the shoreline.  I was in no rush, and they seemed to be getting acquainted without discord.  My crown of bone tips slightly is disappointment.

Thick clouds began to linger overhead.  They were unlike that of the spring storms; less broody, more suffocating.  Only enough light filtered through to coat the land in muted tones.  It almost made me smile. Almost.

As I rounded the last bend in the shoreline my focus shifted back to the odd pair, my expression emotionless per usual.  Within hearing distance now, my ears twist forward should anyone direct words towards me as I approach.  No vocal answer would be given, but simply a nod of my head, before coming to a stand a few paces off.  My silver gaze lazily shifting from one to the next.

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

@ Set  They are lovely : )
    @Orieta
    //Fear Illusionism-Trait Immunity-Goat Mimicry\\
    Goat Mimicry Characteristics- Goat hair, Goat horns, Cloven hooves 
    *Illusions intensity is up to player*
    -Immune to mental traits-

Messages In This Thread
    skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Set - 05-03-2024, 04:14 PM
    RE: skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Orieta - 05-03-2024, 10:52 PM
    RE: skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Kreed - 05-04-2024, 07:26 AM