• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it just keeps me from trouble
    The rabbit bolts, the shifting wind having carried my scent toward it as well. I stand instinctively, my elbows rising from my relaxed position in the grass, and while doing so catch sight of the other wolf.

Immediately forgetting the rabbit, my tail rises, the fur of my shoulders bristling in a warning that is echoed in the brief show of glittering white teeth. The expression - and the sharp teeth - remain even as I shift back to my usual equine form, and then once more back into the wolf.

The transitions will be enough to scare any real wolf off, I have learned. If it sticks around - and judging from the coloring and the striking marking in its forehead it will stick around - then it is something that I probably better off addressing in this shape anyway.

I’ve only recently mastered this form having a strong preference for feline over canine, but my interactions with other wolves has been enlightening. I know why Hyaline had been called the Pack now, having studied the way wolves interacted with each other. I am still learning their language, and am fairly sure my show of teeth and raised hackles communicated that I was neither easy to intimidate nor interested in picking a fight. 

To be sure though, I tilt my head curiously, my eyes widening just a little as though asking to see a similar display of power. Your turn, my expression says.

Messages In This Thread
    it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-04-2024, 02:34 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-04-2024, 08:59 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-05-2024, 06:46 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-07-2024, 01:31 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-24-2024, 09:13 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-26-2024, 09:15 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-02-2024, 09:58 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-09-2024, 08:25 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-11-2024, 07:56 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-15-2024, 11:41 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-19-2024, 12:47 PM