• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it just keeps me from trouble
    A thin yellow moon hangs low and large on the horizon, barely visible between the finger-like branches of the winter bare trees. The stars overhead are no easier to see, and the wind that whispers between the creaking limbs carries with it the icy bite of winter.

It tastes of snow and the bitter north, of bare stone and icy peaks jutting into the clouds. It tastes like home.

I lower my dark head, and the too-sharp nose of the wolf shape that I had chosen.

I have no home.

Releasing the breath I had been holding, I do the same with the tension in the rest of my body, shaking it from my well-furred body as best as I can. It will never be gone, not entirely, but I can push it aside, I can bury it as I always have.

My next breath smells of rabbit, and I turn my head to find it browsing unconcernedly. Having eaten earlier in the day, I am content to simply watch it, the intense focus of my blue and orange eyes fixated on the little animal, barely visible in the dim light. As a black wolf, I am far less ostentatious than usual, and I am grateful for that choice as I continue to watch, unobserved.

@Neo

Messages In This Thread
    it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-04-2024, 02:34 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-04-2024, 08:59 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-05-2024, 06:46 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-07-2024, 01:31 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 05-24-2024, 09:13 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 05-26-2024, 09:15 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-02-2024, 09:58 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-09-2024, 08:25 AM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Malik - 06-11-2024, 07:56 PM
    RE: it just keeps me from trouble - by Cyrus - 06-15-2024, 11:41 AM