• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  skin to bone, steel to rust.

A frosty breath blew into the kingdom almost overnight.  I anticipated the change in the atmosphere as fall came to a close.  In response, my coat grew thicker, my goat hair more pronounced.  It kept me warm as I traversed the mountains of The Chamber.  The high peaks my vantage point to viewing the ongoings of the kingdom.

It wasn’t the sight of them though that made me aware of their presence within the land.  Over the past few seasons I have explored nearly all of my kingdom, familiarizing myself with each scent.  From the musky decay of the forest floor to the salty brine of the ocean breeze, each aroma put to memory.

So, when a new scent fills the air, I can’t help but notice.  It entices me to crawl down from my craggy ledge and investigate just who has found themselves amongst the pine forests.

There is a damp chill in the lowlands, the usual mists of the forests heavy with cold.  Some cling to the pine needles in delicate shards of frozen glass.  The transformation is quite striking, even to someone as callous as the illusionist.

My stride lengthens, cloven hooves giving to the hardened earth below.  As I weave through the tightly packed columnar trees I scent the air for the newcomer.  Adjusting my path accordingly, finding physical traces amongst the forest floor litter.  Minor disturbances that had not been there before.

Just as I reach the tree line, my silver eyes find a dark figure at the lakes edge.  I stop my pursuit and simply observe.  You could learn a lot by just watching within the shadows.

My crowned head tilts as the form races across the thin sheet of solid water.  It was an unusual sight, but no more unusual than what happens next.  A chill runs up my own spine as the dark form plunges within the open expanse of liquid at the very center, untouched yet by the winter's grasp.

I mull over the reasons for the action.  Perhaps the creature had a death wish and who was I to deny them what they wished.  I continue watching though, waiting to see if they resurface.

About to turn back into the mists, noting the time it has been was far too long for any horse to survive.  A gentle shrug of my shoulder is all I give to the demise of the being.  But as my heavy head turns, a flash of brown emerging from the icy waters catches my gaze.  It is small, much smaller than what had dove in.  For a moment I consider if the being was a shifter, or if this Mustelidae is simply a wild thing of the lake.

The pause of thought is all I needed to find yet another thing surfacing within the lake.  It is enough to draw me out from the trees and bring me to the southern edge of the frozen waters.

I look across the expanse and towards the north where the brown carnivore is ripping into a fish, and a form of a head rising out of the lake and moving towards it.  If nothing else, this would make for a nice morning show…

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

@ Set Hope y'all don't mind a creeper creeping >:]
    @Orieta
    //Fear Illusionism-Trait Immunity-Goat Mimicry\\
    Goat Mimicry Characteristics- Goat hair, Goat horns, Cloven hooves 
    *Illusions intensity is up to player*
    -Immune to mental traits-

Messages In This Thread
    skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Set - 05-03-2024, 04:14 PM
    RE: skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Orieta - 05-03-2024, 10:52 PM
    RE: skin to bone, steel to rust. - by Kreed - 05-04-2024, 07:26 AM