• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Night's Tranquility
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

It had been weeks since the family drama.  Once again, the seasons changed, and I found myself unafflicted by the winter chill encroaching on the lands.  It had only begun though, so only time would tell.

We had settled by the lake, not moving far since arriving at the Dale.  The area had all we needed; food, shelter, water.  We had yet to meet any newcomers or residents either and I was becoming restless.

Behave.

I had to remind myself every so often when ideas began to clutter my mind.  Soon we would be yearlings and the itch to venture farther and farther was an ever-nagging thorn in my side.

"Come on Vic!  Let's go for a stroll!"  That's how it always started, but we had kept it to the immediate area ever since the incident.

We were near inseparable.  Even more so now than we had been at a younger age.  My brother had really come into his own.  He was more confident now days.  I was still the one with a wild streak.  Often roping us into a game of some sort.  He played along, if only to make sure I didn't hurt myself...again.

The flames licked across my body as a pranced forward.  The sun had just settled beneath the horizon and darkness was upon us.  It was un-phasing, the dark, as our combined glow lit up the area we occupied.  Mother always said it was easier to know where we were at night.  So, she often didn't harp at us too much about being out late as long as we stayed together.

Skirting around the lakes edge, we followed the fading trail of moonlight.  The reflection beamed across the still lake, yet to be frozen by the winters chill.  My red eyes lifted at the sound of movement, expecting to see Amen following them in his self-appointed guardian duties. 

Eviction must have heard it too as his glowing eyes uplifted with mine.  Not finding anything, I continued on my way, picking my hoof placement carefully along the lakes shores.

Within a few more strides we were rounding the borders of the pine trees.  A chill shivered down my spine as I remember my nightmare of the fire and... Well let's not revisit that tonight.

It isn't until I hear a rattled breath behind me that my prancing stops.  Immediately I recognize it as a warning from my brother.  I look to him stopped behind me and staring off across the edge of the lake.  Slowly my head turns, seeing a shadowed figure looming over the water's surface.  

Even in the presence of Vics caution, a little part of me lights with excitement to find someone new.

"Hello?" I question into the winter air.  Vic is quick to look at me sternly with a snort of disapproval.  I cower from his judgement for only a moment before flashing an awkward smile.  He takes a few steps forward, placing himself in front of me -just slightly- before speaking up, "Whose there?"  His tone more demanding than I have ever heard him before.

@Crucis
    //Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings

Messages In This Thread
    Night's Tranquility - by Crucis - 05-03-2024, 03:12 PM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Escence - 05-03-2024, 08:19 PM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Crucis - 05-04-2024, 08:03 AM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Eviction - 05-04-2024, 10:31 AM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Crucis - 05-04-2024, 06:28 PM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Escence - 05-05-2024, 06:53 AM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Crucis - 05-05-2024, 07:58 AM
    RE: Night's Tranquility - by Escence - 05-05-2024, 04:37 PM