• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family]

AuroraElis

A smile graces her delicate face as she finds all is as she left it.  Only as they approach does Jack lift himself from the lake waters, causing a hesitation in her step.  

Approaching with observant caution, her head lifts to adjust her view of him.  The scales, though unfamiliar, are not horrid in appearance but she did like the slick deep brown coat he often was adorned in.  Her navy eyes watch to gauge his mood as she nears.  

When he reaches out to her in kindness, she reciprocates happily.  Settling into a resting stance she releases any tension she may have been harboring.

With a gentle flick of her buttermilk tail, she listens as Jack speaks to Escence, and in turn her reply.  Happy they have come to good terms, she smiles.  Seeing Vic, the fiery girl rushes off as anticipated.

Jack speaks and her ear twists to listen.  Nodding her dished face in agreement and understanding, she replies simply, "They are young and still finding themselves.  We must exhibit patience... Even when they push it."  Her eyes remain focused of Jack, "Somedays are harder than others, I'll admit.  But eventually they learn, either by experience or observation."  

Turning her head to look at the twins, now moving towards the shelter, her brow furrows, "Something happened today... I'm not sure what, but when we found her, she was crying and talking hysterically about a fire and Vic being dead.  That she had started the trees on fire and Vic was in them."  She pauses for a moment before looking back to Jack, "I told her it must have been a dream, but I'm not sure it was that... I'd like to go back and check it out."  Her eyes search his face for his thoughts as she waits for his response...

Not all that glitters is gold

@Jack in the Box

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family] - by AuroraElis - 05-03-2024, 07:44 PM