• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

Spindles of orange and yellow dance along my torched body, even as we cross the cool waters of the river.  Not even their liquid could settle the fire burning this time.

Within my conflicted mind, the events that transpired that day toy with my every emotion.

Anger.

Sadness.

Relief.

It all complies within me and is noticed in the distraction.  My hooves shuffle along the graveled earth, and for a moment I am grateful there is no vegetation here.  I needed no other worries today.

The scent of the freshwater lake fills my nares as we near the area we have settled, at least for now.  My mind comes back to me now, no longer lost in the emptiness of my own thoughts.  Vic! 

I am about to rush to his side, excitement rising in me at the sight of him unscathed.  But my movement is paused as the large bay blocks my path.  Jack brushes his scaled nose against me and for a minute I am confused at the change in his flesh, but also his demeanor.  My wondering if brief as he speaks and for once I listen.  His apology and explanation beckon my own, “I'm sorry for yelling…  Sometimes my emotions become too much for me to handle.”  There is a similarity in their strife, if only his is temporary. 

My red eyes shift again to find my brother and this time I leap forwards.  The flames along my hide dance with delight as I bring myself to him quickly, embracing him with my neck twisted with his.

“Oh Vic I'm so sorry about everything!  I don't ever want to hurt you like that ever again” I sob into his glowing mane.  With my body pressed into his, he feels taller, stronger, more matured.  I feel humbled by him whereas I have always bested him before. 

Sinking into him, I linger just a bit longer.  His subtle flames nothing compared to the inferno of my own.  Still he does not pull away, even if the heat had grown intolerable. 

As I pull away finally, my ears flicker as he speaks calmly, “I didn't know you could fly!” A grin creases his lips as he bumps me with his muzzle.  I laugh lightly, “Neither did I!  I'm just full of surprises aren't I?!” I jest, my muzzle reaching out to him playfully. 

The daylight has already begun to wane as a yawn gapes my jaws.  Sleep has evaded them for much too long and so I walk the distance to the rocky crop out before folding my legs underneath me.  My flame laced face tucks against my belly as I drift off.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family] - by Escence - 05-03-2024, 10:45 AM